Donations always welcome, just don't expect a tax break.

Friday, August 8, 2008

Today is 8/8/8


According to numerous news articles, I am supposed to get married today as this is the luckiest day ever. If I pass up this opportunity, a day this lucky may never come my way again. All of this sounds very familiar, so I don't feel too rushed. I suppose my last day for luck will come in 4 years, 4 months, and 4 days on 12/12/12. After that, I could not possibly imagine any luck coming on a day full of 13s. My lucky day (today) started with me drinking a bottle of 2005 Simi Cabernet Sauvignon*, re-watching two episodes of Freaks and Geeks, going to bed around 2:30A.M., waking up to drain the wine around 10A.M., and then proceeding to do nothing the rest of the day. I better get the best tips of my life tonight at work, and I just pray that someone pays at 8:08 and 8 seconds tonight. I do feel lucky enough to finally take a shower and brush my teeth after I post this, so that I may finally leave my house long enough to get sweaty and find a source of nourishment.

I'd like to point out that Google does not recognize 8/8/8 as a date, but merely a math equation where the answer is 0.125. You must type 8/8/08 to find information on the date.

*In 2003, for my sister's 25th birthday, we attended a Bob Dylan Concert and went wine tasting at Simi. As it was July, I was not yet 21, but if a vineyard is charging me money regardless of how much I drink, I planned on at least sampling the wine. Unfortunately, wine was not my cup of tea (as it was my first alcohol consumption ever! Sorry Candice, Kristen, Sethea, and Kim, but Pyramid was not my first!), so I did not appreciate the experience outside of the boatloads of cheese trays everywhere.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

I'd donate money to you in the amount I owed you for the Bob Dylan tickets, but I think we're pretty much squared away on that. I mean, it's been 5 years now.

P.S. My word verification is "suerzo". I think that's a combination of Tequila and donkey sweat.